Although we’re only a few months into the first semester or term of the academic year, it’s already time to start thinking about student accommodation for 2024/25.
Liverpool is a thriving city with a student population of over 70,000, many of whom will be looking for student flats or houses too – so, get ahead of the game by following the handy advice throughout this blog, written by our knowledgeable team.
Why apply for Liverpool student accommodation early?
When it comes to applying for student accommodation, it’s simply a case of the earlier the better. But why is this?
1. You have a better chance of securing your favourite student accommodation
By applying for accommodation early, you’ll have the pick of the bunch between student houses and flats!
Whilst there’s a wide array of student accommodation in Liverpool, one will certainly catch your eye more than most. It may have the best facilities, such as contemporary living areas, an on-site gym and modern appliances.
Or, it could be the only accommodation in Liverpool that can cater to the number of housemates you plan to share with – not all flats have rooms for 14 tenants, for example.
Remember, you still need to reapply if you wish to stay in your current student flat or house to guarantee it for next year.
2. You’ll have adequate time to find a suitable alternative
Even if you’re just beaten to a spot at your desired accommodation in Liverpool, by applying early, you’ll have time to find another that meets your needs just as well.
This undeniably beats panicking as the year goes on and having to settle for a student house you wouldn’t have chosen normally.
3. Reserve early for a Liverpool city centre location
City centre digs are highly sought after by students for many reasons:
- They’re conveniently situated near the city-based university campuses, including The University of Liverpool and Liverpool John Moores University, saving you money on transport.
- City student flats and houses are surrounded by transport links, such as Lime Street Train Station and popular bus routes – this is perfect for those students travelling away from the centre to study at Liverpool Hope University.
- With a city centre location, Liverpool One shopping centre is on your doorstep – this is convenient if you simply want to treat yourself or get a part-time student job in retail or hospitality. Additionally, city accommodation is also a short distance away from clubs and bars, meaning a shorter journey home after a night of partying.
However, due to their popularity, you’ll need to apply for your favourite Liverpool city centre pad sooner rather than later in order to secure it for 2024/25.
When do applications start for student accommodation in Liverpool?
Applications and viewings for student houses and flats are already underway as of mid-November.
Typically, the most popular accommodations tend to get booked up by March or even earlier, so to be in with a chance of securing your dream student room, start looking sooner rather than later.
Our experts recommend booking a viewing before applying for student accommodation in Liverpool – this is to ensure you’re fully satisfied with the student housing you like the look of online. After all, you’ll be spending a lot of your time there, so you’ll need to feel right at home.
Remember, you can view as many student properties as you desire, which is helpful when it comes to narrowing your decision down. What’s more, this is beneficial if you miss out on your preferred choice, as you’ll have gained a feel for your second option.
Get in touch with the Liverpool student accommodation specialists
Here at Caro Lettings, we’re proud to offer students a wide selection of affordable yet super modern student properties within Liverpool city centre. By choosing us, you’ll find your dream student house or student flat in exceptional locations!
Our dedicated team can help you to find student accommodation that best meets your needs, whether it’s just for you, or for you and your friends.