Looking for student accommodation in Liverpool that boasts all the latest mod cons and doesn’t break the bank? Not got an awful lot of time to spare?
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, landlords have started to offer online viewings for potential tenants – ranging from 360° virtual tours to FaceTime, Skype, or Zoom video calls.
Though the prospect of searching, viewing, and selecting a property without actually seeing it in person might seem daunting, online viewings have their perks.
- There’s less chance of your housemates being late or not being able to attend the viewing.
- If you don’t like the property, you won’t have wasted too much time, energy, or money.
- If you like the look of the property after the virtual tour, you can arrange an appointment to view it in person so you can make an informed decision.
However, much like anything else, there are a number of things you will need to think about when you attend an online viewing.
4 things to consider when viewing student accommodation virtually
- Ask questions – whether you’re on a Facetime, Skype, or Zoom call, don’t be afraid to ask questions. Although you should be able to gauge what condition the property is in from the video, delve deeper. Find out about the crack in the wall. Ask about the insulation. What are the neighbours like? The more you can find out about the property without physically viewing it, the better.
- Consider the layout and measurements – sometimes, it can be difficult to determine the size of a room if you can’t see it and stand inside it yourself. Therefore, it makes sense to seek accurate measurements so you can visualise how much space there is. Knowing what the layout is like will also help you to plan ahead, and is especially useful if you have a disability or special requirements.
- Remember it’s not just about the visuals – you might have found student accommodation in Liverpool that’s Insta-worthy, but an online viewing doesn’t tell you much about the surroundings, noise levels, or atmosphere. Don’t base your decision solely on the aesthetics of the property. You need to bear in mind the practicalities to ensure that you get a decent night’s sleep every night and feel rested for your lectures and exams.
- Request photographs of the property – 9 out of 10 times, you will be shown generic photos and videos of the type of accommodation you will be living in. Although this will give you a better idea of where you’ll be staying for the next year or more, you should ask the provider for photographs so you can envisage exactly what your flat will look like.
Book your viewing today
Here at Caro Lettings, we provide some of the best student accommodation Liverpool has to offer. With several properties situated across Liverpool city centre – all within easy reach of Liverpool University, John Moores, and Hope and the city’s lively nightlife – we are confident that you’ll find a room that fits your needs and budget.
Although we always recommend visiting our student lets in person to get a feel for whether it’s the perfect place for you, we appreciate that some people may not have the time or would much prefer a COVID-safe viewing. That’s why we will be more than happy to arrange a virtual viewing – allowing you to take a closer look from the comfort (and safety) of your home.
To arrange a viewing and secure student accommodation in Liverpool for a fantastic price, give Caro Lettings a call on 0800 008 7888 today.